Thank you for everything you have done and are working on for our child. Since coming to Merryfields he has improved in all fields. We are very happy with Class 1, communication is first class, and we feel that William is in the best school for his needs. The things you do with the kids are brill, keep up the good work. Thank you so much.
- Parent, May 2017
In the November 2016, we sent out a Parental Satisfaction Questionnaire and had some very positive results and comments;
- 77% of the returned questionnaires reported that they strongly agree that their child enjoys coming to Merryfields and 83% believe the teaching quality is good. 83% strongly agreed that their child is encouraged by staff to achieve their best.
- 72% strongly agreed that children at Merryfields are well behaved and 83% of parents and carers are comfortable approaching the school with a question or concern.
- 79% of the returned questionnaires strongly agreed that they are happy with the overall communications from school to home and 74% strongly agreed that the school is good at acting on parents’ suggestions or concerns.
- 81% strongly agreed that the school is well managed by the Headteacher.
- 87% strongly agreed that Merryfields is a welcoming school and 83% believes that the school encourages parents to be involved in its life and work.
It was also highlighted that school grounds have improved internally and externally, which has also been a big push for us. The addition of new classrooms and the new sensory gardens had been a little disruptive to the school but we are pleased that you have noticed how these have improved the school and we are incredibly proud of the new environments created.
So where do we need to improve? As mentioned earlier, there were very few returns of disagree or strongly disagree but there were some for us to consider;
- Improvements to school dinners – including quality and variety offered
- After school clubs
In regard to the above issues, school dinners were highlighted on last year’s questionnaires and as a result we have had our kitchen converted to a cooking kitchen, which should be up and running in the next few weeks, so watch this space! Also we began to offer after school clubs last year, these give opportunities for children to pursue their interests and socialise with children in different classes. The uptake for these has been high, and we aim to run these as frequently as possible. I would like to thank the staff for their hard work in this area.
In addition to the very positive results, we welcomed the positive comments and comments about improvements and would like to share some of these with you;
- “All of the teaching team are very approachable. Even though my child has only been attending Merryfields since September, the vast majority of the teaching team throughout school know my child by name.”
- “Very supportive and friendly, experience and understanding from the staff is exceptional.”
- “I personally think the friendliness and welcoming of the staff is outstanding. I have never known a school to really go above and beyond to ensure children and parents are all welcome.”
- “I personally think there’s nothing more to improve on; the school does an excellent job.”
- “The overall facilities of the school are fantastic, e.g. the swimming pool. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and as a parent of a child with special needs, I find this really reassuring.”
- “Merryfields is an educational success for all children with additional needs.”
- “I have nothing but positive things to say about the school and all of the staff. I’m so glad I made the decision to send my child to Merryfields.”
- “The staff’s devotion to the children is amazing and how all of the staff know the children’s names.”